Protecting democracy is an integral part of advancing human rights in the United States. It is only when each of our voices is heard and valued that we can become a society that supports, protects, and uplifts everyone.
Unfortunately, we have seen a heightened attack on our electoral system and voting rights in recent years. Over the past decade, the Voting Rights Act of 1965 has been gutted by the Supreme Court. In response, states have enacted over 100 laws that make it harder to vote—especially for people of color and other marginalized groups. The last U.S. presidential election also led to an unprecedented threat to our democracy, and we cannot afford to let that happen again.
In this 2024 election season, faith communities can play a vital role in mobilizing voters, protecting voting rights, and ensuring a free and fair election.
That’s why we are compiling and will be continually updating this list of faith-based and human rights-related election resources. Our aim is to provide you and your community with the tools you need to show up at this critical moment in our nation’s history and defend democracy.
- Faith in Elections Playbook from Interfaith America and Protect Democracy
- Voter Toolkit from Faiths United to Save Democracy
- A Human Rights Guide to the 2024 U.S. Elections: Vital Recommendations for Voters, Candidates, and Supporters of Democracy from the United Nations
- Voting for the Generations Campaign from Sojourners
- A Prayer for the Primary from the NC Council of Churches
- Advocate for the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act
- Serve as a poll chaplain
- Apply for a Faith in Elections grant to support your community’s efforts
This list will be continuously updated. If you have any recommendations to add, please share them in a comment below or email them to email@example.com.