On July 20-22, 2023, Justice Revival will partner with fellow leaders across the ERA movement to commemorate the 100-year anniversary of the Equal Rights Amendment in Seneca Falls, NY. This youth-led, intergenerational convention will honor the work over the last century to pass the ERA, build a plan to secure the ERA as the 28th Amendment, and launch the New York state-level ERA.
Congresswoman Cori Bush and youth leaders from Generation Ratify will anchor the Centennial events in advocacy and activism. Sessions on Friday and Saturday will include: “Direct Action Bootcamp: Effective Organizing for Equality,” “Gender Justice as a Voting Rights Issue,” “State ERA Battles & Intersectional Organizing,” and an intergenerational panel discussing the history and present status of the ERA movement.
As leader of the interfaith #Faith4ERA campaign, Justice Revival will ground the convention in spiritual community and support by co-convening ARISE: A Spiritual Gathering for Feminists, People of Faith & Allies on Thursday, July 20 at 7 pm. The service will be held at the First Presbyterian Church of Seneca Falls, the site of the first ERA proposal in 1923, and will also be streamed on Facebook Live. Speakers include:
- Keynote speaker: the Rev. Dr. Pat Spearman, President Pro Tempore of the Nevada State Senate
- Allyson McKinney Timm, Founder and Executive Director of Justice Revival and leader of the #FaithForERA campaign
- Ani Zonneveld, President of Muslims for Progressive Values
- Jamie Manson, President Catholics for Choice
- Lauren Perl, Reform Jewish leader with Harvard Hillel
- Kate Kelly, Founder of Ordain Women and Sacred Space
- Pooja Dharm, Generation Ratify
- Claudia Nachega, Generation Ratify
- Lola DeAscentiis, Generation Ratify
- Mitch Leet, Room for All / Friends of WRNHP
- Dr. Carl Johengen, Director of Music Ministry, Asbury First UMC
Please join us for this historic celebration of the ERA in Seneca Falls this July. For more information and to register for the convention, please visit the event page.
The ERA Centennial Convention is being hosted by Generation Ratify, the ERA Project at Columbia Law School, Equal Rights Action, and The Alice Paul Institute. The ARISE spiritual gathering is being hosted by Justice Revival, Generation Ratify, and Muslims for Progressive Values.